Saturday, December 20, 2008

Michelle

It has become a tradition….we arrive in Phoenix, pick up our rental car, and head off to meet our dear friend Michelle for coffee. I met Michelle the summer of 2004 when I went to Scotland on a summer project with Campus Crusade. I was attracted to her sincerity and love for the Lord. At the time, Michelle had only been a Christian for a few years, but she knew her Savior so intimately; something that I had lost along the way. I was refreshed and inspired by our time together in Scotland. I knew she was someone I wanted to keep in touch with. God made that easier, when Michelle moved to Arizona a year later. We attended the same church and Michelle became our Sunday buddy. We would go to coffee and talk for hours. Michelle is a wealth of interesting and insightful information and finds the small things in life exciting. Taylor and I talk about traveling with her because we know we would experience any place to it’s fullest. She makes us see the world in a new ways. Now our coffee dates come about every 6-12 months, but they are always a highlight. She makes us laugh. She asks great questions. She listens intently and I always leave with a new book recommendation. We love her and can’t wait to see how God continues to use her in all the adventures He takes her on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Scotland '04 friends!