Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mamma Jo's

This year, Taylor and I both participated in intermural basketball. I pride myself of on being the basketball champion in our family (I know it was almost 7 years ago). But this year, Taylor was the one playing in the championship. His basketball team, made up from men in Pearce, and appropriately named Mamma Jo's battled their way past over 30 teams to find a place in the championship game. They were the underdog from the beginning. But they gave quite the performance. It came down to the last few seconds. Unfortunately, they lost by two. But I was so proud. It was fun to watch Taylor play with his guys. I was so proud. He invests so much time and energy into the men of Pearce. That is not always returned. But I think this was a moment of pride for him. Though a bit odd, when fans cheered "Go, Mamma Jo," I was honored to be a small part of the team.

No comments: