Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"I think America is much like an absent father. We throw money at things. But when it comes to actually participating in the lives of the young in the community and the nation and the world, we really couldn't care less. ... Stop just throwing money at the problem. It's like a cortisone shot for an athlete or like Jack Daniels fora singer when he has had a bad night. It helps temporarily, but it's going to be so much more damaging in the long run. People need to be fed into. Each one of us Americans has a choice to stand out and conquer or sit back in apathy and just stay in our monotonous lives."
-Stephen Christian
Lead Singer of Anberlin

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...

I saw your comment on Wes' blog and clicked on your profile cause I'm incredibly bored. Then I saw you're in Beaver Falls, PA and I'm in PA, too so I clicked to see your blog. Then I saw you have a quote from Stephen Christian (new Relevant?) of anberlin (one of my fave bands) and thought it all added up and I should leave a comment. Random? Yes. Enjoyable? I hope so.