Friday, March 23, 2007

Divide and Conquer

Taylor had plans to travel to Phoenix this weekend for a wedding. It was not in our budget for both of us to go. I was going to have to stay in Beaver Falls and be bored. However, my wonderful husband felt sorry for me. For my birthday, he surprised me with a ticket to Seattle to visit my good friend Emily (he chose to ignore the budget). So Thursday morning, we traveled to the airport together and boarded different planes. Both on our way to a city we love and to see people we adore. We brag on the phone to each other about what we are doing….Taylor is wearing shorts, enjoying 80 degree weather, and playing golf. I am taking in the beauty of Seattle, visiting a new coffee shop every few hours, and enjoying hours of girl talk with a true friend. Though it will be hard to return to Beaver Falls, we are praying that this little break will refresh us and give us new perspective. We also realize that “home” is when we are together, no matter what city we are in. So lots of pictures soon to come from our two different adventures.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for both of you. I hope you hit up some sweet starbucks in Seattle!!

Anonymous said...

dave ramsey would not be happy! :)