Monday, January 15, 2007

Tears over Furniture

I had the bold idea to redo Taylor's office as a Christmas present. Let me just paint you a picture of my experience so far.... First, a coat of an ugle mint green. Then two coats of a basil pesto green, sounds yummy huh? Then a mini breakdown as I try to arrange furniture. The fear that there is no way to fit eveything in the room that needs to fit. Remember we live in a space the size of four dorm rooms. So I decided to buy more furniture to somehow get everything to fit. Off to Ikea. Then I spent an hour putting together a bookshelf. I normally brag about my ability to assemble furniture, but I am offically humbled. I called Taylor in to help me put the last few pieces together. We thought it would be best to stand it up in order to fit the top on. BOOM! Thats right, it feel to pieces. Then came a short laugh followed by tears. So I am headed to bed, a bit furstrated. Tomorrow will involve another trip to Ikea to return now broken shelves and another attempt to put the bookshelf together. Wish us luck!

No comments: