Friday, January 05, 2007

A bag of change

While some of our family is braving it in the snowy depths of Colorado, it's warm and rainy here today. The weather has been unusual to say the least, but we are not complaining. In fact, I've been trying to do the opposite. Sometimes I forget to appreciate the little things and the blessings that I am so barried in. As I sit here writing this, there is a bag of change plopped on the coffee table in front of me. No more than $15 shimmer through the plastic. It could be used for laundry, or our starbucks fund, or even for a night of cards. It's just change. But that change could change someone's life! It seems like we all have heard the stories of how one dollar could provide water for a village or an education and medicine for a child. So many times those stories have hit my numb heart, but the more and more I dig into the truth of what's happening outside of my bubble, it seems those stories are true. A bag of change and a change of mind (at least a reminder)...We are incredibly blessed.

No comments: