Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

It would have only been my third day at my new job. But I am so excited that it is canceled. It is more of an ice day than a snow day, but I will take it.
For those of you who don't know. I started a job as a special education paraprofessional/in-house sub. I work in the middle school.

The job is kinda an adjustment, just trying to figure out my role. I spend most of my day walking from class to class. All the kids are included in the regular classroom and seem to be doing great. I'm kinda bored, not sure they really need me. So pretty much, I am going back to Middle School. Currently I am learning about the earth's plates, Andrew Jackson, and pre-algebra. Trying to trust that God placed me here for a purpose. Thankful for the opportunity.

3 comments:

lauren debo said...

AWW JO that is so exciting (both the job and the snow day, hehehe).

i'm sure the more you get adjusted, and get to know the kids, the more your role will become apparent and defined. :-D

i will def. look forward to hearing some funny stories.

Sarah and Ben said...

You are probably in a honeymoon period with the kids- don't worry,they will need you and until then you just have to relearn all of their subjects so that when they need it you are there. Congrats on the job!

Sarah Saunier said...

What a snow day. Not fair. I have been waiting for a snow day since my first day of teaching last year. And on your third day you get one.