Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Trouble Sleeping

Last night, I went to bed before Taylor. He was getting ready to leave today for Atlanta. My thoughts were consumed with Zeke and Kora (my niece and nephew). My dad just returned from Africa. He got to spend some time with them. I'm jealous. I can only imagine how anxious it must make my sister and Andy. We are all waiting with great expectation for the day that they get to come home. However, I was thinking about their transition from Freetown, Sierra Leone to Muscatine, Iowa. I wonder how they will react the first time they see it snow, what they will think of all these white boys, and what they will think of the music that constantly fills the Landers household. What will they think we they go to church the first time? What will it be like for them to be kissed every night, every morning, and thousand times in between? Who will be their favorite Aunt? Ok, I already know the answer to that question:) All this to say, I can not wait to have Zeke and Kora home. I am so thankful that Jody and Andy allowed their lives to be burdened with love for children without families. We will never be the same! Jody, you are not the only one having trouble sleeping.

2 comments:

jody said...

crying. again.
love you.

jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.