Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Friend

Thanks to technology, I was able to talk to my dear friend Sarah, in Sierra Leone. I was sitting on my comfortable couch and she was sitting in a mine. She is going to eat Top Ramen tonight (which she has to ration out) and I am planning on going out to eat to PF Changs with some friends. It was awesome to hear her voice, to talk about our upcoming trip to Sierra Leone, and let her know we are so proud of her. We asked her what we should know before coming...she said, "Come with an open heart. God is going to teach you something that you probably won't expect."
Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment:

Sarah Saunier said...

It was so wonderful to talk to you. It is so nice to hear your voice and I can't wait until we can sit in person and talk. One clarfication. I was actually sitting in a really comfortable chair in the office of one of the miners. And don't forget that the toliets flushed!!! so it really wasn't all that bad.
Love you lots.