Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Website of the Week

Over a friendly game of cards, music snuck it's way into the conversation. A website submersed in everything music was brought to my attention, I feel the need to share this great joy with you. The website is
  • Pandora.com
  • . It goes something like this: Type in the name of your favorite artist; Pandora compiles a personal playlist based on the same type or "gene" of that artist; You are exposed to hundreds of artist you otherwise would not be; If you don't necessarily like one of there choices, you tell them and they further narrow the playlist you are listening to...instantly. I've been pretty impressed so far. It's worth checking out. If nothing else, it's always good to see inovation, and this is exactly that. If you want check out the theory behind the site, it was born out of the Music Genome Project.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Pretty cool!

    Sarah Saunier said...

    Hey... so I am still really sick and I need you to fly out here and take care of me. The email I sent out was just to make everyone feels better, so I think that you should still come. Hehehe.
    Love you both a lot.
    Sarah

    Travis York said...

    So, that's what we were talking about during the game.. I guess I was too busy still playing. Thanks for listening! Just kidding buddy! Just wanted to say hello.

    Julie said...

    Our really good friend Bob Kavner is on the board of Pandora. Uncle Lee forwarded your Blog to him. He loved it!
    Happy Turkey Day!
    Julie