Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Hike in the Desert

As we have a couple of days of "warmer" temperatures here it can make us think of the beautiful weather we enjoyed in Phoenix over the holidays. On our last day in Phoenix, Joanna and I decided to take a quick hike in one of Phoenix's great reserves...one of the things we'd hopefully take more advantage of if we ever moved back. There are some pictures below. But speaking of Holidays, we also had the intention over that time to begin posting about some amazing people that we get to be friends with...I think that we only got a couple of those up...maybe even just one, but we would like to continue that idea. So over the next few weeks (and who knows...it just might become a tradition) we will be sharing with you about people we love and admire.
Downtown Phoenix
Joanna wouldn't let me take pictures of her, so you'll have to settle for the guy above:)

4 comments:

priscilla joy said...

Hi Taylor & Joanna,

I enjoy your blog, especially your photography sessions. I am very interested in becoming a photographer like you guys are, could you tell me what kind of camera you use? And, what photo software you use to edit your pics? I am currently planning on purchasing a Canon Rebel xTi, is this a pretty good overall camera?
Thank you for your help!
Priscilla

Taylor and Joanna said...

Hey Priscilla,

We are currently using a Canon 30D with either a Canon 18-55 or 75-300 lens. It's been a great camera. The xti is great one to start with...especially with the deals you can get on them (If you have the cash, you might want to check out the Canon 40D). As far as editing goes, I use photoshop on a mac. If you have that or get that, let me know and I'll tell you about some great effects you can use. Good luck! Thanks for the comment.

Joanna and Taylor

priscilla joy said...

Thanks so much for the tips, I am planning on getting the Xti and hopefully eventually moving up to a better Canon. I hope to purchase Photoshop and once I do, I will contact you....I love your guys picturs.

lauren debo said...

ah. warmer weather. i can't wait for that here, and i won't lie, i kinda hope sometimes that debo and i end up somewhere warmer. :-D